MA Architectural Design
The programme is for students who are looking for a design-focused postgraduate programme, but might not have a Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Part 1 qualification.
It shares many of the design elements of our established MArch (Master of Architecture/Part 2) programme, but provides greater flexibility in terms of study choices, allowing you to engage with the interests of our research staff.
Features of the programme
- Study in one of the top Schools of Architecture in the UK
- Supported by the School’s award-winning Design Research Unit Wales (DRUw)
- Learn from notable design-led practitioners; currently more than 50% of our design programmes are delivered by practising architects
- Perfect for students who prefer a more practical/active approach to learning through our focus on investigation through design
- Choose from a range of optional modules to supplement your learning in areas of interest to you and develop important skills in design-based research
In the short film below, Dr Andrew Roberts, Dean of Education and Students (College of Physical Sciences and Engineering) and lecturer in the School, describes details of the course, features and facilities, employability and our School community.
For more information on course content, structure, fees and how to apply, please visit our MA Architectural Design course information page.
Download or view our latest Postgraduate course brochure.