MSc in Building Diagnostics for Energy and Environmental Performance
This course is unique in its focus on the energy and environmental performance of existing buildings. Students will learn to integrate technical and occupants’ data into the diagnostic process, drawing on theories from building science, social sciences and humanities.
It aims to give students a solid foundation in the evaluation of the operational performance of buildings.
Features of the programme
- Study in one of the top schools of architecture in the UK
- Available on a 1-year full-time or 2-year part-time basis
- Looks at buildings’ diagnostics in a holistic way by considering both technical and human aspects affecting the performance of existing buildings. This is highly relevant, as the efficient operation of existing buildings is becoming more important
- Work on a live project to embed your knowledge of building energy and environmental performance with a focused and hands-on approach
- Benefit from our close links with industry and other building clients to boost your employability.
In the short film below, Professor Chris Tweed, Head of School and Chair in Sustainable Design, describes details of the course, features and facilities, employability and our School community.
For more information on course content, structure, fees and how to apply, please visit our MSc in Building Diagnostics for Energy and Environmental Performance course information page.
Download or view our latest Postgraduate course brochure.