Neuroimaging Methods & Applications (MSc)
Our MSc in Neuroimaging programme provides students with valuable hands-on experience using a range of imaging techniques. The course equips graduates from a wide range of backgrounds with the methodological tools to undertake neuroimaging research at the highest level. For full details on our MSc in Neuroimaging: Methods and Applications, please click here
Why Study at CUBRIC?
• Practical classes where hands-on experience is gained in multiple neuroimaging techniques (fMRI, MRI, MEG, EEG, TMS, TDCS). Dedicated lab sessions covering a variety of analysis tools.
• A solid grounding in methodological and applied aspects of neuroimaging delivered via lectures, seminars and journal clubs.
• An interdisciplinary environment with expertise spanning applied (psychology, psychiatry, neurology, neuroscience and genetics) and technical areas (physics, engineering and computer science) with teaching delivered by experts in the field.
• The hub of the MSc is the Cardiff University Brain Research Imaging Centre (CUBRIC), which has recently had a £44M investment to fund new buildings and equipment.
• Excellent preparation for a PhD in neuroimaging or a research position in a related field. The high level of analytical, evaluative and communicative skills gained would also be extremely useful for non-academic careers.
• Each year Cardiff University funds PhD studentships for which the best MSc students can apply.