Jack Dorsey, Founder of Twitter Interview:

My husband, who is always using the YouTube app on our television to watch silly videos, surprised me by playing this interview whilst we had our breakfast this morning. Not only is the story of Twitter and Square extremely inspiring and interesting, I thought Jack Dorsey came across as very down to earth and had some great advice for entrepreneurs.

I always like hearing about how founders of large companies got their initial ideas and how they decided on names. Turns out Twitter started out as Jitter but after learning that Twitter actually means, ’short bursts of inconsequential information,’ Jack decided on Twitter.  If you have a spare 27 minutes and 8 seconds, I would recommended watching this, it’s not inconsequential information for anyone looking to do something innovative.

This entry was posted in Blog, News on by .

About Taren Youngs

Originally from Seattle, Washington, Taren now lives and works in Cardiff as part of the Cardiff University Enterprise Team. As an Enterprise Officer Taren leads on the implementation of the Welsh Government funded Youth Enterprise Strategy SE HUB project and manages and coordinates an extracurricular programme of enterprise education events and activities. She also acts as a mentor to the Enactus team. Taren is dedicated to the student experience and to working with students as partners in both business and learning.