Too much stuff to take home? Want a good deal on household items for next year?
Students from Cardiff University, Cardiff Metropolitan University and The University of South Wales came together to help minimize the amount of waste sent to landfills in June by participating in:
Run in conjunction with Get it Out for Cardiff, all three Universities encouraged students to come to the Woodville Pub, Cathays, on 12 June 2014 with any household items that they are looking to sell or trade.
The general public were also invited in on the day, and had a good browse at what was on offer, giving the students a chance to make a profit while doing something good for the environment. All goods that went unsold were taken away by the council and donated to charity.
Terms and Conditions:
Students will not be allowed to dump goods, but rather, are encouraged to buy, sell or trade what they bring. List of approved goods to sell include:
- Clothing– must be clean and in good condition
- Kitchenware such as utensils, crockery, silver ware and flat ware
- Electronic goods such as alarm clocks, radios, lap tops, old phones (please note that we cannot dispose of electrical items and anything unsold will need to be taken away with students)
- Bed linens– must be clean and in good condition. Includes pillows and cushions
- Furniture: chairs, desks,tables etc
- General household items
All electrical items will be PAT tested on site.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.