Cardiff University has space for three teams to enter the University Business Challenge: The world’s leading event for employability & enterprise skills
- Workplace skills employers are looking for
- Enterprise skills for a start-up business
- Students build their profile and add something significant to their CV
- Opportunity to meet graduate employers
Open to all UK undergraduates from any faculty – preferably penultimate and final year, but can be from any year
Students compete and run a series of realistic, simulated businesses:
- Round 1 – run on-line over the internet for 6 weeks
- Round 2 – live one-day regional Semi-Finals
- Round 3 – live one-day Grand Final
The 3 round format starts the last week in October and ends the last week in March in 2014
Two hours a week for weeks 1 and 2 . One hour per week thereafter.
Round 1 runs for 6 weeks
Computer with internet access and printer
Tutor / lecturer support?
Teams find tutor support beneficial in terms of team dynamics and decision-making
No special tutor skills are required – guidance provided by UBC Campus2Corporate
Team registration process?
Team registration deadline is October
- Step 1 Fillout the application form
- Step 2 Attend short listing
- Step 3 Join a team and get cracking on the challenge.
Applications are accepted as Teams or as individuals.