Compound Semiconductor Cluster – Open for business
05/07/2017, 17:30 - 20:00
Compound semiconductors are driving future technologies.
From the connected world, the Internet of Things to robotics, autonomous vehicles and healthcare technologies, compound semiconductors are and will continue to impact the way we live, work and spend our leisure time. Compound semiconductors (CS) are the enabling technology for 21st century life.
With around £200m of investment committed to date, the United Kingdom Government, the devolved Welsh Government, the EPSRC, IQE and Cardiff University have come together to establish the worlds first Compound Semiconductor cluster, CS Connected.
This event will introduce CS Connected and explore the opportunities this major investment brings for organisations. Speakers will include key players from each of the components making up the cluster including:
- Dr Drew Nelson, CEO IQE
- Prof Diana Huffaker, Director, Institute for Compound Semiconductors
- Dr Wyn Meredith, Director, Compound Semiconductor Centre
- Prof Peter Smowton, Director, The EPSRC Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing Hub
- Dr Andy Sellars, Compound Semiconductor Applications Catapult
- Presentations will be followed by a Q&A.
A light buffet, refreshments and an opportunity for networking will be provided after the session.
Attendance at this event is free, but booking is required. Places will be allocated on a first come basis.Book places
Save this event to your calendar of choice.