2014 MA Jameel Scholarships
MA Jameel Scholarships
Applications are invited for TWO MA (full-time) scholarships for the MA Islam in Contemporary Britain for the academic year 2014/15.
Eligibility criteria for the MA scholarships
- A first class or very high upper-second class honours degree in a relevant subject (Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Social Sciences, Philosophy or History) from a UK university
- Full awards are open only to UK and EU nationals who satisfy UK residency requirements
- Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrable record of interest in, and/or enthusiasm for, working with British Muslims
- Preference may be given to those able to live in, or near Cardiff, for the duration of the Scholarship
Each MA scholarship will comprise:
- Full-time Cardiff University MA fees for 2014/15
- Stipend of approximately £16000
- Research allowance for books/conferences
How to apply for an MA scholarship
Deadline: 1st July 2014
All MA scholarship candidates are required to complete the following:
1. Cardiff University Postgraduate online application for the MA in Islam in Contemporary Britain. This can only be completed by using the Cardiff University Student Information and Management System (SIMS) where applicants will need to register as a ‘New User’. In order to do this, the applicant first needs to go tohttp://www.cf.ac.uk/regis/general/applyonline/sharepgt.html and follow the instructions for applying for the MA Islam in Contemporary Britain: Full-time. Applications must be made by the deadline.
2. An MA Jameel Scholarships Application Form, all sections of which must be completed in full. MA Jameel Scholarships Application Forms are available to download on the right-hand side of this page. Completed forms must be submitted as an email attachment with the heading ‘MA Jameel Scholarships’ to email@example.com by the deadline.
3. Two references, of which AT LEAST one, must be from a University from which the applicant has graduated. References should be completed on an MA Referee Report Form which should be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. The MA Referee Report Form is available to download on the right-hand side of this page. Applicants should follow instructions given on the MA Referee Report Form. Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that references are received by the deadline. Failure to do so will compromise the application.
4. A complete transcript of all marks achieved to date to be sent as an email attachment to email@example.com by the deadline. Failure to do so will compromise the application.
Checklist for MA candidates
1. Submit Cardiff University online postgraduate application via SIMS for the MA in Islam in Contemporary Britain by the deadline.
2. Submit an MA Jameel Scholarships Application Form as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
3. Request each referee (2) to submit an MA Referee Report Form as an email attachment to email@example.com by the deadline.
4. Submit a complete transcript of all marks achieved to date as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Please contact the Postgraduate Administrator for any queries on 029 208 70903 (Mon-Thurs, 10am-4pm)
Interviews for short-listed candidates will be held in the week beginning 21st July 2014.