Exploring the lives of Muslim communities in Britain.
Welcome to the Islam UK Centre Website.
With a particular emphasis on sociological and anthropological methodology, the Islam-UK Centre aims to promote scholarly and public understandings of Islam and the life of Muslim communities in the UK. Our aim is for this site to afford visitors the opportunity to explore some of the work done by this unique research centre.
- Ayesha Khan – Pre-PhD preparations: Managing expectations
- Conference: Islam, Muslims, and education in Britain
- Kate Hodgson – Has social media normalised Islamophobia? Observations of the aftermath of the attack on the Finsbury Park Mosque
- Michael Munnik – On complex reporting about Muslims
- Matthew Vince – ‘Being There’: A brief reflection on shadowing Muslim RE teachers