Eid is a time for coming together as a family and as a community after the fasting of Ramadan – and this past Ramadan was an especially long fast for Muslims in Britain, straddling the longest days of the calendar at the height of summer in our northern latitude. In Cardiff, the Welsh Assembly hosted […]
On Wednesday 13th April 7pm Professor Grace Davie will be delivering a lecture entitled “Contextualising Islam in 21st Century Britain” in the Temple of Peace and Health, Cathays Park, CF10 3AP This lecture is organised in partnership with the Cardiff Centre for Law and Religion, Cardiff University, the Cardiff and District branch of the United […]
The Muslims in Britain: Changes and Challenges Mooc Starts on the 9th of Feb be sure to join this unique learning experience. More information on Sign Up→
Booking for our 2015 Public Lecture Series is now open! See the Public Lecture page for booking details and the new 2015 Brochure for details of the speakers, other activities and development around the Islam UK Centre
The Islam UK Centre and Muslim Council of Wales will be hosting the discover Islam Exhibition 14h and 15th Jan 2014.
In December 2013 the renowned Chinese Islamic calligrapher Haji Noor Deen visited Cardiff. The Islam UK Centre partnered with CYAN to host a lecture with with demonstration and a calligraphy workshop events: – for more details including photographs and video click here. Haji Noor Deen hand cutting bamboo pens Islamic Calligraphy Poster CYAN
- Kate Hodgson – Has social media normalised Islamophobia? Observations of the aftermath of the attack on the Finsbury Park Mosque
- Michael Munnik – On complex reporting about Muslims
- Matthew Vince – ‘Being There’: A brief reflection on shadowing Muslim RE teachers
- Dr Mansur Ali – Shifting discourse in the Muslim organ donation debate: reports of finding
- Centre staff – Making a Halal Berger?