Cardiff University Welsh Baccalaureate Conference 2015
Cardiff School of Social Sciences will be hosting the first Welsh Baccalaureate Conference on the 6 July 2015, 9:15 until 4:30 in the Glamorgan Building.
This free event has been developed in partnership between Welsh Government Officials, senior WJEC staff and Cardiff University research staff from academic disciplines from across the University.
The aim of the event is to engage teachers with research and research methods and to support the teaching of Individual Project Challenge in the new Welsh Baccalaureate specification. The key objectives for the day for teachers are:
1. To improve confidence to deliver the Individual Project
2. To support the delivery of assessed skills within the Individual Project:
- · Critical thinking and problem solving
- · Research methods
- · Planning and organisation of a research project
- · Datasets and analysis
3. To share best practice, knowledge and ideas to enable the development of a researcher led school engagement programme for Cardiff University
4. To develop effective partnership working with Cardiff University
We would be grateful if you could identify relevant staff within your school or college who would like to attend and forward an expression of interest as soon as possible (we are expecting high demand for this event).
Please click on the following link to register for the event: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cardiff-university-welsh-baccalaureate-conference-tickets-16394134297.
Best wishes – Rhys Jones – Project lead for the Welsh Baccalaureate Conference 2015