- A paper proposing an Open Access Publications Policy for the University was presented to UEB. The policy will enable the University to comply with funders’ requirements and be well prepared for the next REF cycle. The policy will help promote the University’s research by making as many outputs as possible publicly available as soon as possible encouraging wider use and maximising citations. It was agreed that the policy would now go to Senate for consideration.
- UEB agreed the consultation from the Welsh Conservatives on Fast Track degrees. A briefing would be made available on the UEB blog shortly outlining Cardiff’s position.
- UEB agreed the response to HEFCW’s Final Annual Monitoring Statement return.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Estates Projects Update
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Report
- PVC Student Experience and Academic Standards Monthly Report