- UEB was informed that two University enterprises had won awards at the recent MediWales Innovation Awards – the Welsh Wound Innovation Centre and the Welsh Institute of Minimal Access Therapy (WIMAT).
- UEB was presented with a paper that outlined an action plan identifying specific actions that could be undertaken during the current academic year to improve Schools’ performance against the KPI ‘at least 80% satisfaction in NSS assessment and feedback category for every School’. The action plan had been requested by the Vice-Chancellor at UEB’s recent away day. A number of short term actions for UEB, the University as a whole, Colleges, Schools and staff were proposed with a business case for a longer term strategic project on Assessment and Feedback to follow in the New Year as part of the planned programme of work being taken forward through the Education Change Portfolio. The plan was agreed as was releasing funds to establish a project for University-wide roll out of Grademark to include provision to address technical issues and training needs.
- UEB received a paper that outlined the key recommendations of the Tuition Fee Group in relation to 2015/16 fees and scholarship/bursary provision. It was agreed to approve the 2015/16 minimum fee levels for all full-time UK/EU PGT students of £5,850 (Arts/Humanities) and £7,560 (Science) and that the 2015/16 minimum fee levels for part-time (60 credits) Distance-learning PGT students be set at £3,780 (Home/EU) and £4,800 (International).
- UEB received a paper proposing the establishment of a University-wide Welsh for All Programme, providing a range of free of charge Welsh language learning opportunities for students registered on University degree programmes. It was noted that the programme would complement the modern foreign language learning provision, was in line with the University’s commitments to supporting the Welsh Language Scheme and would build on existing provision developed through the School of Welsh and the Welsh for Adults Centre. It was agreed to approve the establishment of the Welsh for All Programme.
UEB received the following regular reports
- College of Biomedical & Life Sciences Monthly Report
- College of Physical Sciences & Engineering Monthly Report
- PVC Student Experience and Academic Standards Monthly Report
- Innovation System Update