- UEB received the draft annual people management report prior to it being presented to Council.
- UEB received the revised trial workload tariffs. The amended tariffs were approved.
- Following the recent meeting of Senate, the report from the Research Forward task and finish group to UEB would be communicated more widely soon.
- It was noted that the University was a key part of the consortium that had attracted the first Catapult for Wales, the Regional Centre of Excellence for the Precision Medicine Catapult, to Cardiff. UEB received a paper on points of possible discussion with the Chief Executive of the Precision Medicine Catapult.
- UEB received a paper on improving UEB communications. The paper suggested a number of changes and ideas to improve staff engagement with UEB. It was agreed that to enable greater understanding of the role of each member of UEB and UEB itself, a short film could be produced which could also include shots of UEB interaction.
- UEB received HEFCW Strategic Planning Engagement Document. It was agreed to endorse and recommend to Policy & Resources Committee that the HEFCW Strategic Planning Engagement Document proceed to Council for approval.
UEB received the following regular reports
- PVC College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Monthly Report.
- College of Biomedical and Life Sciences monthly report.
- Chief Operating Officer’s monthly report.