- UEB were reminded that the staff poll was currently being conducted with a 50% response rate sought. Members were asked to encourage staff to complete the staff poll.
- It was noted that the Vice-Chancellor had signed an open letter, signed by 103 university leaders, on the vital role of the EU in higher education which had been published in the Sunday Times on 21 February 2016.
- UEB received a paper on international recruitment and the current numbers of international students. It was agreed that the paper would be shared with College Boards.
- UEB received the Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) report summary. It was agreed to endorse the role of the Training and Development Manager (Research) in continuing to work in partnership with the Research Deans to identify College specific Concordat actions needed and embed activities into College action plans with prioritisation of work to be undertaken in conjunction with the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dean of Research and College Board.
- UEB received a paper on the National Eisteddfod for Wales. It was noted that a steering group, chaired by Professor Richard Wyn Jones, was planning the University’s presence at the Eisteddfod which this year was being held in Abergavenny. It was agreed that a clear, positive and effective message be provided to Schools and Colleges to encourage representation from across the University, beyond the staff who usually engage with the event.
UEB received the following regular reports
- PVC College of Biomedical and Life Sciences monthly report.