- Congratulations were extended to Professor Amanda Coffey on her appointment as the new Pro Vice-Chancellor for Student Experience and Academic Standards who will take over from Professor Patricia Price in the next academic year.
- UEB received a paper on Home/EU scholarships and bursaries. Its recommendations were agreed.
- UEB received a paper on tuition fee policy and minimum fee levels for 2017/18. Its recommendations were agreed.
- UEB received the draft 2017/18 Fees and Access Plan Application and agreed to delegate authority to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor to sign off the final version of the Fees and Access Plan for submission to Council.
- UEB received a briefing on the National Assembly for Wales election results 2016.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Cardiff Innovation System, Capital Building Projects
- Monthly Activity Report on Research and Innovation
- PVC College of Physical Sciences and Engineering monthly report