- It was noted that following the outcome of the general election, the Cabinet Office had confirmed that purdah restrictions on public announcements would continue until a new Government had been formed and so the Teaching Excellence Framework results announcement had been postponed.
- UEB received a paper on fee levels 2018/19 and agreed that fee levels for full-time and part-time UK/EU undergraduates should continue to reflect Welsh Government policy for 2018/19, pending confirmation of UK/EU undergraduate fee levels.
- UEB received the draft response to the Reid Review of Government Funded Research and Innovation in Wales. Further work would done on the paper and the final version would return to UEB for sign off at the end of June.
- UEB agreed the College action planning in response to the results of institutional student surveys proposed timeline for reporting for 2017/18.
- UEB received an update on the University’s joint working with NHS organisations in Wales. It was noted that Mr Len Richards was expected to take up his post as Chief Executive of the Cardiff and Vale UHB on 19 June 2017.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Update on applications
- Director of Communications and Marketing Monthly Report and Forward Plan
- PVC International and Europe monthly report
- PVC College of Physical Sciences and Engineering monthly report