- It was noted that Professor Allemann, Ms Sanders and Professor Thomas had attended the GW4 Board on 15 September 2017 which had reviewed potential avenues for funding and pipeline figures received and that the initial investment of £2.3 million into the GW4 Building Communities has led to £12 million in research grant funding.
- UEB received a paper on the updated Open Access policy. The paper was agreed and would now go to Senate in October.
- UEB received and agreed Cardiff’s submission to the Migration Advisory Committee call for evidence on EEA workings in the UK.
- UEB received an update on the joint research and development service between the University and Cardiff and Vale UHB.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor monthly report
- PVC College of Physical Sciences and Engineering monthly report
- PVC International and Europe monthly report
- Director of Communications and Marketing Monthly Report and Forward Plan