- It was noted that two out of the four briefings for staff by USS pension experts Mercer had been held and that one of the Mercer presentations would be made available on the intranet on Wednesday with questions asked at the briefings to be grouped for inclusion in a FAQs document.
- It was noted that Cardiff was ranked second in the Russell Group for widening participation.
- It was noted that the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) had launched a call for Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) with £500m of funding available.
- It was noted that Professor Peter Ghazal, the Sêr Cymru Chair based in the School of Medicine and appointed to lead Project Sepsis, had delivered his inaugural lecture last week.
- UEB received the UEB, College and Professional Services risk registers. Some changes would be made before being presented to the Governance and Policy and Resources Committees.
- UEB received the draft University response to HEFCW consultation on national measures for higher education performance.
UEB received the following regular reports
- HR dashboard quarterly report