- Dr Tim Bradshaw attended the first part of the meeting. He noted that was keen to ensure the Russell Group represented the Welsh perspective. Other current issues for the Russell Group included the post-18 funding review in England, Brexit, UKRI and governance matters.
- It was noted that Court had been well received and the exhibition that followed welcomed.
- UEB received a paper identifying a benchmarking group for Cardiff and explained the process and metrics used in developing it; Council had expressed particular interest in such a group. It was agreed, with some modifications, that the metrics should be worked through with the comparator group and taken to the Academic Performance Group before returning to UEB.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor monthly report
- PVC Student Experience and Academic Standards monthly report
- PVC College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences monthly report
- Estates projects monthly report
- External environment update