- Owen-Jones, C. E.et al. 2013. The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the Family Nurse Partnership home visiting programme for first time teenage mothers in England: a protocol for the Building Blocks randomised controlled trial. BMC Pediatrics 13(114)
- Robling, M. R.et al. 2016. Effectiveness of a nurse-led intensive home-visitation programme for first-time teenage mothers (Building Blocks): a pragmatic randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 387(10014), pp. 146-155.
- Robling, M.et al. 2016. Effectiveness of a nurse-led intensive home-visitation program for first-time teenage mothers (building blocks). Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 71(5), pp. 263-265.
- Channon, S.et al. 2016. Motivational interviewing competencies among UK family nurse partnership nurses: a process evaluation component of the building blocks trial. BMC Nursing 15(1), pp. 55.
- Corbacho, B.et al. 2017. Cost-effectiveness of the Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) programme in England: evidence from the building blocks trial. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 23(6), pp. 1367-1374.
- Robling, M.et al. 2018. What is usual care for teenagers expecting their first child in England? A process evaluation using key informant mapping and participant survey as part of the Building Blocks randomised controlled trial of specialist home visiting. BMJ Open 8(5), article number: e020152.
- Hickle, K. and Hallett, S. 2016. Mitigating harm: considering harm reduction principles in work with sexually exploited young people. Children & Society 30(4), pp. 302-313
Children and Young People’s Experiences of Gender
- Renold, E., Bragg, S., Jackson, C., & Ringrose, J. (2017). How gender matters to children and young people living in England.
Children in residential care in Wales
- Elliott, M., Staples, E. and Scourfield, J. B. 2018. The characteristics of children and young people in residential care in Wales. Child Care in Practice 24(3), pp. 317-330.
Dads Can Evaluation
- Maxwell, N.et al. 2012. The benefits and challenges of training child protection social workers in father engagement. Child Abuse Review 21(4), pp. 299-310.
- Williams, A. and Segrott, J. 2017. Development of a conceptual model for restorative approach in family service provision. Social Policy and Society
Evaluation of risks to children and young people who are educated at home
Evaluation of the Frontline Pilot Social work Training Programme
- Maxwell, N.et al. 2016. Independent evaluation of the Frontline pilot: Research report. Project Report. [Online]. Department for Education.
- Scourfield, J., Cheung, S. Y. and Macdonald, G. 2014. Working with fathers to improve children’s well-being: Results of a survey exploring service provision and intervention approach in the UK. Children and Youth Services Review 43, pp. 40-50.
- Moody, G.et al. 2018. Evaluating the long-term impact of the Fostering Changes training programme for foster carers in Wales, the Confidence in Care trial: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials 19, article number: 34.
Identifying and understanding inequalities in child welfare intervention rates: comparative studies in four UK countries
- Bywaters, P.et al. 2018. Child welfare inequalities in the four nations of the UK. Journal of Social Work
- Mannay, D.et al. 2017. The consequences of being labelled ‘looked-after’: Exploring the educational experiences of looked-after children and young people in Wales. British Educational Research Journal 43(4), pp. 683-699.
- Mannay, D.et al. 2015. Understanding the educational experiences and opinions, attainment, achievement and aspirations of looked after children in Wales. Project Report.
- Elliott, M. 2019. Child Welfare Inequalities in a Time of Rising Numbers of Children Entering Out-of-Home Care. The British Journal of Social Work bcz154.
- Rees, A., Staples, E. and Maxwell, N. 2017. Evaluation of Visiting Mum Scheme: Final Report June 2017. Cardiff: CASCADE.
- Williams, A.et al. 2018. Improving relationship-based practice, practitioner confidence and family engagement skills through restorative approach training. Children and Youth Services Review 93, pp. 170-177.
- Williams, A., et al. 2019. The experiences and outcomes of children and young people from Wales receiving Secure Accommodation Orders. Cardiff: CASCADE
- Evans, R. E.et al. 2017. Comparison of suicidal ideation, suicide attempt and suicide in children and young people in care and non-care populations: Systematic review and meta-analysis of prevalence. Children and Youth Services Review 82, pp. 122-129.