Launching New Dialect Resources
30/11/2017, 17:30 - 19:00
You are warmly invited to the launch of two specific resources by Dr Iwan Wyn Rees from the School of Welsh, Cardiff University, namely ‘Cyflwyno Tafodieithoedd y Gymraeg: Canllawiau i Actorion a Sgriptwyr’ [dialect resources for actors and scriptwriters] and ‘Cyflwyno Tafodieithoedd Cymraeg y Wladfa’ [an introduction to the Welsh dialects of Patagonia]. Both of these projects have been funded by the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol.
To celebrate the rich diversity of Welsh dialects that exists today in both Wales and Argentina, discussions will be held on the representation of various accents in the Welsh creative industries, and on the development of Welsh dialect features in Patagonia today.
Guest speakers will include:
- Caryl Parry Jones, actress, impressionist and musician
- Rhian Morgan, actress and coach
- Robert Owen Jones, expert on the Patagonian dialects of Welsh
- Sara Borda Green, MA student from Patagonia
- Rhisiart Arwel, Chair of the Welsh Language Project in Chubut
Drinks and light refreshments will be served.
Please note that this is a Welsh-language event.
Save this event to your calendar of choice.