Exploring the lives of Muslim communities in Britain.
Welcome to the Islam UK Centre Website.
With a particular emphasis on sociological and anthropological methodology, the Islam-UK Centre aims to promote scholarly and public understandings of Islam and the life of Muslim communities in the UK. Our aim is for this site to afford visitors the opportunity to explore some of the work done by this unique research centre.
Special Issue of Religions – “Leadership, Authority and Representation in British Muslim Communities”
The Islam UK Centre’s Virtual Research Centre contains dissertations and theses written by past Jameel MA and PhD Scholars and recordings of annual Public Lectures
- Michael Munnik – Salman Rushdie and the ‘sudden visibilisation’ of British Muslims
- Mansur Ali – Research in the media: My contribution to Me and My Fatwa
- Michael Munnik – Defending scholarship in public debates
- Michael Munnik – Prejudice, politics, and definitions of intolerance
- Ayesha Khan – Pre-PhD preparations: Managing expectations