- UEB received a demonstration of the new UEB blog. It was noted that feedback from The Way Forward: Making it Happen workshops had highlighted internal communications as an issue and the blog is seen as a way of improving this. The blog will be located on the external facing website until the intranet is fully developed. After that time it may be moved to the intranet where non-classified papers could be posted. The blog is due to go live in the next few weeks.
- UEB received a paper on the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol – Research Scholarships Scheme for 2015 entry. It was noted that the Coleg’s funding from the Welsh Government was confirmed only until 31 March 2017. As a result, the terms of the scheme had been revised for the 2015/16 entry with institutions having to provide an unconditional assurance to provide the remainder of the value of the scholarships if the Coleg was not in a position to continue to fund them beyond 18 months. It was agreed that, despite the uncertainty over the Coleg’s future funding of the Scholarships, the University should encourage applications to the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Research Scholarships Scheme.
UEB received the following regular reports
- PVC Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Monthly Report
- University Change Portfolio Dashboard – September 2014
- Director of Communications & Marketing Monthly Report
- Chief Operating Officer Monthly Report
- Student Number Update