- UEB received a revised Capital Investment Programme. This paper would now be presented to Council.
- UEB received Cardiff University’s draft response to the Diamond Review for fees and funding of HE in Wales.
- UEB received an update on the various change portfolios and their current status.
UEB received the following regular reports
- PVC College of Physical Sciences & Engineering Monthly Report. The report updated on research, education, international, engagement and finance. It also highlighted that PHYSX had successfully been awarded three ERC Consolidator Grants – a remarkable achievement considering that all of their applications were awarded and the average success rate is circa 10%.
- College of Biomedical & Life Sciences Monthly Report. The reported noted progress on estates developments within the College. It also highlighted that ARE report for its Schools had been submitted to the College and this would now be reviewed.
- Innovation System Update. UEB received an update from the Innovation System Steering Group and the Innovation System Away Day. It also noted Gleeds had been appointed by the Estates Department to project manage the Feasibility Study of the Innovation System developments on Maindy Park.
- Monthly Activity Report on Research & Innovation. UEB received an update on the Converis software that will provide research data and information management. It also received an update on Vision 2020 and research awards and applications to date.