- It was noted that the Vice-Chancellor had attended the First Minister’s Wales European Advisory Group on 28 September 2016 and also the HE Brexit Working Group held later the same day.
- It was noted that the School of Biosciences had achieved the Athena SWAN silver award and School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science had received a one year renewal on its silver award.
- The success of the Cardiff Half Marathon was noted.
- UEB received a paper providing a summary of the recommendations from the Diamond Review, The Review of Higher Education Funding and Student Finance Arrangements in Wales. The recommendations were welcomed and it was noted that, if implemented in full, it would make Wales the most progressive funding system in the UK. It was noted that, if the recommendations are accepted, the new funding system would not be able to be introduced until 2018/19 at the earliest.
- UEB received a paper on articles published by Cardiff University on The Conversation. It was agreed that Cardiff could perhaps make better use of the publication and it was agreed to establish an informal network of academic ambassadors.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Estates monthly report
- PVC Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences monthly report
- PVC Student Experience and Academic Standards monthly report
- External Environment Update