There are many excellent books on the MCA and the Court of Protection. The list below is simply a list of some books which we have found helpful.
- Ashton, G., Letts, P., Marin, M., Terrell, M., and Ruck Keene, A. ed. (2014) Court of Protection Practice 2014, Bristol: Jordan Publishing.
- Bartlett, P. (2008) Blackstone’s Guide to The Mental Capacity Act 2005, Second ed., Oxford: OUP.
- Bartlett, P. and Sandland, R. (2013) Mental Health Law: Policy and Practice, Fourth ed., Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Bowen, P. (2007) Blackstone’s Guide to The Mental Health Act 2007, Oxford: OUP. (This book contains a section on the MCA DoLS, which were introduced via an amendment under the Mental Health Act 2007)
- District Judge Marc Marin (2010) The Family Lawyer and the Court of Protection, Bristol: Jordan’s Publishing Ltd.
- Fennell, P. (2011) Mental Health: Law and Practice, Jordan Publishing Ltd: Bristol.
- Gostin, L. O., McHale, J., Fennell, P., McKay, D. and Bartlet, P., eds. (2010), Principles of Mental Health Law Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hale, B. (2011) Mental Health Law, 5th Edition ed., London: Sweet & Maxwell.
- Jacob, R., Gunn, M. and Holland, A. (2013) Mental Capacity Legislation: Principles and Practice, London: Royal College of Psychiatry.
- Jones, R. (2014) Mental Capacity Act Manual, 6th ed., London: Sweet and Maxwell.
- Letts, P., ed. (2009) Assessment of Mental Capacity: A Practical Guide for Doctors and Lawyers. 3rd Edn. London: The British Medical Association and the Law Society.
- Ruck Keene, A., Edwards, K., Eldergill, A. and Miles, S. (2014) Court of Protection Handbook: A User’s Guide, London: Legal Action Group.