EGIPP cultivates an active research culture and supports high quality research through four main roles:
- Providing a forum to debate and refine new research ideas at an early stage of development through regular lunchtime staff research seminars
- Fostering individual staff development by research mentoring and by appraisal
- Organizing a flexible process of internal peer review of book proposals and grant applications to disseminate best practice with reference to academic quality criteria, presentation, fit to funding schemes, and track record
- Undertaking research student training, appraisal and progression.
- Informing public debate on topical issues through roundtables.