Museum Curatorship Workshop
Duration of workshop: 95-120 minutes
Pupil age group: Year 7-9
Size of group: 30 (approx.)
- Access to the internet essential
Aims and objectives of the workshop:
- To introduce pupils to replica artefacts from a range of time periods
- To enable pupils read historical objects, and to consider their composition and use
- To facilitate the pupils’ independent research using web resources
- To enable the pupils to plan and set up a small exhibition using the artefacts
- To design a brief presentation highlighting the pupils’ research
The Museum Curator Workshop, AKA “Who Wants to be a Museum Curator?”, provides students with the opportunity to design and curate their own museum exhibition from a superb range of interactive 3D historical objects. Our co-ordinators have designed and created a webpage for students to browse, learn, and interact with the past (https://pastborders.wixsite.com/curator), allowing our volunteers to interact and embolden students via combined visual and audio learning.
This workshop was formulated during lockdown and has since been carried out at a number of our partner schools.