Work Package 5: Network training events
Early Stage Researchers attended the final network-wide training meeting in Cardiff in July 2016 for three days of complementary skills training, an industrial site visit and a public outreach event. See the event webpage for details.
As the project draws to a close, we are pleased to confirm that we have achieved all of our network training deliverables. MEDOW researchers have benefitted from a wide range of training activities, including industry days, personal skills development, lectures from our Visiting Scientists, and group discussions of their individual projects.
- Research training workshops – 2013 Winter meeting and 2014 Summer meeting
- Research seminars – 2013 Winter meeting, 2014 Summer meeting, 2015 Winter meeting, 2015 Summer meeting
- International conference – 2016 Spring meeting
- Summer school – 2015 Summer meeting
- Industrial day events – 2013 Winter meeting, 2014 Summer meeting, 2015 Winter meeting, Late 2015 meeting, 2016 Summer meeting
- Assembly meetings – 2015 Winter meeting, 2015 Summer meeting, Late 2015 meeting
- Complementary skills courses – 2013 Winter meeting, 2014 Summer meeting, 2015 Winter meeting, 2015 Summer meeting, Late 2015 meeting, 2016 Summer meeting
Work Package 6: Training of individual ESR/ER
At the project end, we have completed all deliverables for this work package:
- D6.1: PCDPs written and agreed for ESRs and ERs – completed in line with recruitment dates.
- Report of secondments for all ESRs and ERs – completed this month and to be submitted to the European Commission.
- Summary of PhD degrees for ESRs – completed this month and to be submitted to the European Commission.
Work Package 7: Dissemination and outreach activities
MEDOW researchers have disseminated and communicated their work in a wide range of ways, addressing a number of different types of audience. The total number of dissemination activities for the project exceeds 200 with a final network-wide outreach event, a project open day, being held at Cardiff University in July 2016. The dissemination webpages contain a full list of dissemination activities, with activities categorised by type:
- Participation in HVDC and wind power events
- Engagement with industry
- Journal articles
- Conference papers and poster
- Book chapters
- Public outreach
- Online and print coverage of the project
We have achieved the deliverables for this work package:
- 4 network-wide outreach activities
- Dissemination activities. See the dissemination webpages.
Work Package 8: Network management
The project concludes with all management deliverables complete:
- MEDOW website launched in Spring 2013
- 8 network-wide meetings organised
- Annual reports – submitted to deadline to the European Commission
- Final report – in preparation and to be submitted May 2017