A network training meet took place 30 November – 04 December 2015 in Barcelona, hosted by partners UPC, Alstom and Cinergia.
MEDOW researchers, joined by researchers from outside the network, took part in a wide range of training and knowledge transfer activities.
Researcher training included:
– Complementary skills training on Entrepreneurial and Commercial Skills with Professor Ivan Argilés
– Industry site visits to Alstom Wind and Cinergia. Training at Alstom included sessions on the control structure, electrical system, mechanical concepts and aerodynamics of the new offshore wind turbine of Alstom, Haliade™ 150 – 6 MW. Training input from Cinergia included an introduction to the SME and a session on starting and running a spin-off company.
– Preparation and teaching of a Masters class on ‘Grid Integration of Renewable Energy’ to students of the KIC Innoenergy MSc Renewable Energy
– Technical visit to CITCEA-UPC, to see the centre’s work and facilities
– Assembly Meeting, where all ESRs and ERs presented and discussed their work with academic and industry supervisors
– Public outreach activity with students of a local school